| The COPD-GRIP intervention is applied individually for each patient and consists of three face-to-face consultations, each lasting ∼30 min. The three consultations are scheduled at ∼3-week intervals.|
The specific content is individualised, based on the patient’s questions, responses and the needs of the patient.
|First consultation: understanding the patient’s illness perceptions||
1) Identifying and understanding patient’s illness perceptions;|
2) Assessing and discussing illness perceptions using the B-IPQ as a guide for tailoring the intervention.
|Second consultation: identifying the link between illness perceptions and behavior||
1) Identifying the link between illness perceptions and behaviour|
2) Improving patient’s understanding of the relationship between their perceptions and their behaviour, by challenging them to draw up an individual care plan (a short-term goal and a long-term goal with strategies to achieve these).
|Third consultation; evaluating and discussing the individual care plan||
1) Evaluation and discussion of the individual care plan.|
2) Evaluating and assessing whether the individual care plan was successful and what new actions are necessary for the future.
3) If the patient did not describe a care plan, discussing actions for the future