|NHG- guideline COPD 2007||• Prednisolone 30 mg once a day for 7-14 days.|
CBO guideline 2010:|
Diagnostics and treatment of COPD
• Prednisolone 30 mg once a day for 7-14 days.|
• Prefer oral prednisolone treatment.
• Blood sugar check for patients with diabetes.
|GOLD guideline 2009 'Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease'||
• Prednisolone 30-40 mg once a day for 7-10 days for patients with FEV1 < 50%|
• Budesonide, whether or not combined with formoterol may be an alternative to prednisolone treatment.
• Prefer oral prednisolone treatment
|ATS/ERS guideline 2004 'Standards for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with COPD'||
• 30-40 mg prednisolone once a day for 10 days.|
• Consider corticosteroid inhalation therapy.
|Nice guideline 2010: 'Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults in primary and secondary care'.||• Prednisolone 30 mg once a day for 7-14 days.|